Targu Frumos is a city in Iasi county, Moldova, Romania. It has a population of 10,475 inhabitants. The city is located in the eastern part of the county, on the banks of the Bahluiet, surrounded by the commune of Ion Neculce, whose residence is in the only locality of the city. It is crossed by the national road DN28, which connects Iasi to Roman. At Targu Frumos, DN28A, which leads westwards to Pascani and Motca (where it ends in DN2), branches from this road; And DN28B, which leads north to Harlau and Botosani. The city passes the Pascani-Iasi railway, which is served by the Targu Frumos station. In terms of the ethnicities living or living in this area, there are several Romanians, Saxons, Jews, Csangos, Roma, Armenians, Lipovan Russians and other ethnic minorities. The Armenians, for example, once were much more numerous, disappearing today altogether. In 1930 there were only 11 Armenians, while in 1894 there were 73, and before and more. Besides the Romans, the Lipovan Russians are somewhat more numerous than the number of other ethnicities and the number of them is rising. There are two churches in their own Russian-Lipovan community and their own special slum. Unlike the Armenians, however, they embrace more agricultural occupations.