It is a city in Botosani county, Moldova, Romania, made up of the Saveni component (residence), and from the villages of Bodeasa, Bozieni, Chiscareni, Petricani and Sat Nou. It has a population of 6,999 inhabitants. The Saveni village is certified as a village in a document dated April 11, 1546 in the time of Petru Rares. In 1818, through the princely charter of Scarlat Callimachi, the town receives the fair right, with 12 annual awards. The Fair of Saves was the center of Baseu Square, and since 1950 the commune of the district center. In 1968 it was declared a town. Located at the intersection of some old thoroughfares - the road from Valea Bazaului and the one connecting Botosani county with the Prut Valley, the town of Saveni belongs to the northeastern part of the Moldavian Plain. Within the county has an eastern position and is at a distance of 35 km from Botosani municipality, 43 km from the city of Dorohoi, 41 km from the town of Darabani and 25 km from the river Prut river.